PAINLESS PENTAXIM VACCINE IS BANNED!
Yesterday we went to vaccinate our little angel against DTaP, HiB & Polio.This was her first dose of it. i was relaxed of the pain and fever she may have to suffer because of painless vaccines (PENTAXIM,invented in 1997) available in market.
As and when we demanded for vaccinating the baby painlessly,our paediatric informed that it has been banned.Alas ! !! is what we felt at that moment but then our peadic convinced that painless vaccines were giving lesser results than the vaccines with pains and its always better to stay safe for life than handling a little pain for that particular time.
let’s get down for the details:-
PENTAXIM vaccine(Painless) has been banned by the Indian Government!
My baby’s pediatrician suggested for QUADRAVAC(with little pain and fever), QUADRAVAC vaccine has the ability to protect baby from the above listed four diseases except polio .a vaccine for polio named as POLIOVAC (Inactivated Polio Vaccine, in the form of injection) is required to be given separately.
So, here two injections are required instead of 1 Pentaxim injection.
Pentaxim is a combination vaccine against 5 different types of infections
4. POLIOMYELITIS ( Polio)
5. HiB – Haemophilus Influenzae Type B (capable of causing – Meningitis (Brain Fever), Septicaemia (Bacteria in the bloodstream), Cellulitis (Skin infection), Arthritis, Epiglottitis, Pneumopathy (Any lung disease) & Osteomyelitis (Infection of the bone)).
1) No pain 2) No swelling 3) No fever
1) Costlier than Quadravac 2) Lesser prevention against diseases even after vaccinating.
1) Cheaper than pentaxim 2) Higher prevention from diseases after vaccinating.
1) Quite painful 2) High chances of swelling around the area of injection for up to 10 hrs. post vaccination. 3) Baby may get fever.
Suggestions after vaccinating-
Follow the easy guidelines given by doctor that includes giving her paracetamol after every 8 hours to protect her from fever,put some ice around the injected area once or twice on the same day to protect swelling and redness.
Two simple steps if followed religiously,i am sure your little one will be perfectly fine and will be happily ready for her next dose, like ours. 🙂
Any-time and any-day ,preventing baby for life time is far more important than just preventing her for a day.